10.12.09

Now You've Got A Brighter Smile, and I Think I'm Going To Like It

So I left out in my last post any sort of synopsis of my week at home
let's just say it was irrefutably turbulent
I had a bit of a
Jack Kerouac
moment.
I decided I needed to run away to California to find my soul.
Apparently I've read
On The Road
too many times,
but I don't think that's possible.
Anyways, after a total manhunt, a few hundred miles and one missed flight back to NYC later
I came to my senses and returned home to two very angry parents
(rightfully so)
who helped me get myself together and get on the next flight back up north.
What can I say,
every now and then a girl's gotta test out her own independence and keep that sense of adventure alive.
Long story short, Papa RJ came up this past weekend to make sure I wasn't planning my next big escape.
And we had a whole lotta good ole Great Gatsby fun.
Friday night we went to the best live jazz bar i've ever been to called Garage.
I fell for a few musicians, Matthew and I did the Charleston and it was grand.

We all felt like little flapper girls inside.
except for maybe Coco, my love, bestie and cynical touch stone

Saturday night we went to see Chicago!
One of my favorite musicals,
but leave it to Ashlee Simpson-Wentz's acid reflux and unquestionable lack of any kind of talent
to, well let's not say ruin it, but make it a bit of a joke.
The rest of the cast however, was spectacular, and let's just leave it at that.

But enough of my own cynicism,
Here's some real talent.
I've listened to this song on repeat all day.
It kind of describes right now.

The Big City is finally about the temperature it should be for this time of year,
a.k.a. "burn your face off cold"
which i don't necessarily mind, stepping out into the chill from the stale indoors is refreshing
But i appreciate exhibitionism and nudity is out of the question right now.
So I will leave you will a small homage to taking your clothes off.

And lastly Here is a beautiful piece just finished by one of my best friends
Roxanna Shohadaee
a shining soul and inspiring talent
(if you couldn't tell it's me and ryan)
It excites me too that all of my friends are turning into such ecstatic souls
bursting at the seems with electricity.

now i'm off to hit the books.
and maybe howl at the moon later

xx
CMS

2 comments:

  1. we absolutely must put the past behind, at least for the bad memories, but unfortunately it is the past that we try without your welcome ...
    anyway I love your blog, what you write and the photos.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you. cynical tuchstone. that is exactly what i am. xx

    ReplyDelete